1. You need a keyboard to write Bangla. Go to Android Market and search for Mayabi Keyboard.
2. Install Mayabi Keyboard
on your device. It's free!
3. Go to home screen, press Menu button then select Settings > Locale and text
. You will see list of keyboards. Select Mayabi keyboard
4. Tap Select input method. Thats shows Select Input Method screen. From there, select Mayabi Keyboard.
5. Exit from settings by tapping Back/Home button.
6. Now open an app, for example, Memo or Catch. Start new memo. A keyboard will appear.
7. To write in Bangla, tap the key labeled Bangla. Now start writing using phonetic conventions. If you want to wite আমার সোনার বাংলা, type 'amar sOnar bangla' and that will be converted into Bangla text.
The Bangla font rendering on Samsung Galaxy Tab is still not perfect. You will see many characters not shown properly. However, if you send this text to other OS, say post on blog and Linux users see this, they find the fonts OK.
If you do not like phonetic typing, you can use fixed layout. Multiling keyboard
has a fixed layout for Bangla – but I am not sure whether you will like it or not. I could not use that 'new' layout. So far, Mayabi Keyboard is the easiest solution for Bangla writing till today. Many thanks to developers of Mayabi Keyboard